Hablamos Español!


1100 Town and Country Rd, Suite 1250

Orange, CA 92868

Tel: (619) 810-7490

Fax: (619) 374-7337


401 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1200

Chicago, IL 60611

Tel: (312) 242-1849

Fax: (312) 242-1841

Meier LLC

Attorneys at Law

STEP ONE - Get a copy of your credit report from the three major credit reporting agencies


The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives you the right to receive one free copy of your credit report, from each of the three major credit reporting agencies, each year. You can order the free copies of your credit reports at www.annualcreditreport.com.

STEP TWO - Scrutinize all the information in all three credit reports carefully


You should carefully review all the information in each credit report, in addition to the debts listed, pay close attention to how your name appears, employment information, addresses, etc. On a separate piece of paper, make a list of everything that is not absolutely accurate. After reviewing the three credit reports, you should have three separate lists.  

                       Common errors include:

                                    - Mixing of information with other consumers that have similar names (i.e. Sr. and Jr.);

                                    - Failure to update the reporting of debts discharged in bankruptcy;

                                    - Continuing to report a bankruptcy after ten years;

                                    - Continuing to report judgments after seven years;

                                    - Continuing to report charged off accounts after seven years;

                                    - Failure to report the date of delinquency of a debt;

                                    - Re-reporting information that was previously disputed and deleted;

                                    - Reporting the wrong date of delinquency; and

                                    - Reporting paid tax liens seven years after the date of payment.

STEP THREE - Send dispute letters to the three credit reporting agencies (see a sample letter)





Take each list and write a letter to the corresponding credit reporting agency that states you name, current address, and last four numbers of your social security information.  


In each letter, notify the credit reporting agency that you are disputing information contained in your credit report and list each error from your list along with the reasons why the information is incorrect (i.e. "I paid this off"; "I never had an account with this creditor"; "I never worked there"; "I never lived there"; etc.). If you have any proof, such as a paid in full letter, final bill, or other documentation you should provide a copy of it to the credit reporting agency; do not send the original.


The mailing address for each credit reporting agency is:


Trand Union LLC                                        

1561 E. Orangethorpe Ave.                                                     

Fullerton, CA 92831-5210                                        

Experian Information Solutions, Inc.

475 Anton Blvd.

 Costa Mesa, CA 02626-7037


Equifax Information Services, LLC

1550 Peachtree St. NW

Atlanta, GA 30309-2458



STEP FOUR - Review the responses from the Credit Reporting Agencies


Ideally, the Credit Reporting Agency will respond to your dispute with a letter notifying you that the disputed item was deleted from your credit report. Sometimes, however, a credit reporting agency will respond with a letter that it verified the disputed item and confirm that it belongs on your credit report. If you are unhappy with the results of the investigation, contact us immediately to determine what your rights are.


Home - Collection Harassment - Credit Report Problems - Social Security Benefits

Sample Letters - Special Links - Our Team

© Copyright 2010 Meier LLC - All rights reserved - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy - Sitemap

Four Easy Steps To Fix Your Credit Report